A notification handler will let you know when important events happen, such as when your site goes down. You can create and manage multiple channels of notifications and get notified for monitors, domain names, and heartbeats in multiple ways, such as Email, Webhook URLs, Slack, Discord, and SMS messages. You can follow the steps below to set up a new notification handler.
Note: The number of notification handlers you can create will vary based on your plan. You can read more about our plan options here.
Step 1: Navigate to the Create Notification Handler Button
1.1 Once on the notifications handler page, you’ll see a + Create Notification Handler button near the top right corner. Click it.
Step 2: Enter The Required Information
2.1 Enter an appropriate name for your notification handler.
2.2 Select the Notification Type, or how you would like to receive your notifications. You can select from Email, Webhook, Slack, Discord, or SMS.
2.3 The box here will change to correlate with the Notification Type you selected.
- Email: If you selected Email for notification type, you will need to enter the email you wish to receive notifications at.
- Webhook: If you selected Webhook for notification type, you will need to enter the webhook URL that you wish to receive POST calls notifications at.
- Slack: If you selected Slack for notification type, you will need to enter the Slack webhook URL for your specified Slack channel. You can get your Slack webhook URL here.
- Discord: If you selected Discord for notification type, you will need to enter the Discord webhook URL for your specified Discord channel.
- Telegram: If you selected Telegram for notification type, you will need to enter the Telegram API Token and Telegram Chat ID.
- SMS: If you selected SMS for notification type, you will need to enter the phone number that you wish to receive notifications at.
2.4 Click the Create button to create your notification handler.
Step 3: View the Confirmation Screen
3.1 Once your notification handler is created, you’ll see a message on the next screen confirming its creation.